Doing it for the kids

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

We have had a superb week haven't we? Half term now sees like a distant memory doesn't it? I can say with a huge degree of certainty that we are back on it and the learning is flowing! I had a fantastic  result this week when a lovely parent very kindly donated an unwanted digital camera to the school which means I can now put photographs of the children who have permission to appear on this very Blog - hoorah!

So, without further a do, here's the week that was...

We will remember them...


On Monday we had a very poignant and moving Two Minute Silence as a mark of respect to those who have fought for our freedom. Led by Mrs Pluck, we remembered those who had died in too many conflicts around the world and through the decades.

Our children were AMAZING, especially in Key Stage Two. Two children from each year group were chosen to lay a poppy wreath in front of our very own Tommy. 
They really did do us proud.





Children in Need

The Admin Team in full Pudsey mode!

What a fantastic day! I was so impressed with the number of children who made a contribution in whatever shape or form. The sales at the school shop were fantastic, the cake sale was an absolute hit (you should have seen the queue!) and the amount of spots, stripes, onesies and pyjamas floating around the school was impressive!

Let's start with the staff...









Did you like my Cow Onesie? Don't I look totally gorgeous?! Mr Palmer looked sooooo cute in his bear onesie, even if was adorned with high vis.

The Shop has been busy all week even on the day itself. They have managed to raise an amazing £206.55 so far - brilliant!



The cake sale was a HUGE hit with the children. Thank you to everyone who made cakes for the Pupil Voice children to sell. The Cake Sale raised a terrific £184 which is incredible.






Finally, the Non Uniform Day raised an amazing £490. You generous lot you!









Didn't everyone look fabulous and this is just a small selection! A HUGE Thank You to everyone who participated in the day - so far we have raised an amazing £880.85.


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to the fantastic children who have found themselves on this week's Worth a Mention Boards.

Let's start with Year Six:






Now for the turn of Year Five:







I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a wonderful bunch you are! 
Well done one and all!


Golden Time

I am delighted to report that the number of children who are missing their Golden Time is starting to dwindle. Now, I do appreciate that I may well be speaking too soon but I'm going to go with the half full scenario, so there!



Thank You



An enormous 'Thank You' to Gracie and Erin's Mum for the donation of a camera. As I said in my introduction, it has opened up a whole new world for me as far as taking pictures for the Blog is concerned and I am so excited!


Is there a Paramedic in the Classroom?

Last week,  we had Doctor Ray and Nurse Shaw introduced to you and now I am delighted to add Paramedic Easton to the mix! Believe it or not, the light does actually flash!


Fun? Us? Get out of here!


Drop Down Day

Image result for dorset county museum construction site

Miss Hobern and I met with Emma Talbot from Dorset County Museum on Tuesday and it is all coming together very nicely! I hope that you received the letter about it and that you are as excited about it as we are!

Please, please, please don't forget to return the permission slip back to school as soon as possible. If we do not receive it for your child then they will be staying in school and completing an alternative activity.





Well, that's it for this week. I think you'll agree that it was good value for money wasn't it? I am sorry that it was a bit of an epic!

I hope you all have a terrific week!

Mrs Ray

(who is, along with our lovely Miss Clements, on the Facebook publicity page for Cancer Research's London Winter Run. I'll be back there in February trying to draw lots of attention to myself and to complete the course in an hour. Who am I kidding?!)

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sunglasses and outdoor


Comments