Boom!

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

Well, it has definitely been a case of 'business as usual' at Dorchester Middle School this week. Despite quite a few staff absences, the children coped well with the changes and carried on with that all important learning! 
I think I need to always make sure that I have a camera with me as I peeked into a few super lessons this week where the children were being creative, having fun and learning loads! 

Long live Key Stage Two!

Sporting Stars

The commendation slips have been coming thick and fast over the last couple of weeks so here are a few of our latest Year Six Sporting Superstars!


Now, this will be quite a surprise to those of you who know me well but two of those commendations came from me! Yes, me! I have been 'teaching' netball to Year Five and now Year Six and I am, against all the odds, LOVING it!

I will be out and about with the camera next week to snap a few more of our Sporting Superstars...


Volcanoes

So, there I was, minding mine own business and trying to put together the Pupil Voice Display Board when my ears were drawn towards Mr Haigh's Room. The children from 6CWr were only making blooming (or should that be 'booming'?!) volcanoes!





The buzz in the room was incredible - the children were loving what they were doing and were able to tell me so much about what they were doing and why they were doing it.

I can't wait to see the finished product!


Year Six Pupil Voice Representatives

The votes are in, the roles have been assigned and the Pupil Voice Representatives are now up and running. 

In Year Six, I have managed (finally!) to get all the pictures of the the representatives and the deputies (if they have been allocated - not all the classes have done this) so I can show off these democratically chosen children.


Looking at the picture of the board, it looks as though I am going to have to do some serious straightening but hopefully, the sentiment is clear! 

Year Five - it's your turn next week!


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to the children who have been chosen as this week's Worth a Mention Children.







 I so want to be that someone who shows 'consistent awesomeness' - what a massive compliment!

Well done to every single one of you whose name is on the WAM boards. As always, I am extremely proud of you.

Golden Time

Image result for golden time school

Congratulations to the 278 children who earned their Golden Time this week!
We had 27 children who missed it this week which is a big improvement on last week.

As you know, we are always happy to help the children earn their Golden Time but the one thing we cannot do for them is to sign their Home/School Diaries. Please always double-check on Monday night that diaries have been signed for the previous week as most of the children have their diaries checked by their Homebase Tutors on Tuesday's Tutor Time.

Let's see even more children enjoy Golden Time next week!


Healthy School = Healthy Snacks

Image result for healthy snacks for kids

I am constantly reminding the children that their Break time snack needs to be a healthy one! Many of you know that I am a big fan of the cheese and onion crisp but if I am lucky enough to have crisps in my packed lunch, I save them for lunchtime.

I promise you that I am not trying audition for the Misery Brigade but I am getting fed up of constantly chastising children for eating crisps and other unhealthy snacks at break time!

Make this Key Stage Two Progress Leader a happy one by saving those scrummy crisps etc. for lunchtime.

Thank you.

Year Six Parent Consultation Evenings

Image result for parent consultation meeting

Hopefully the Year Six parents received their letters and slips ready to make appointments for our Parent Consultation Evenings on the 3rd and 5th December. If not, please let your child's Homebase Tutor know as soon as possible.

The format is the same as Year Five where you get to meet your child's English and Maths Teachers to talk about the progress they are making and looking at the areas they need to work on.

The evenings will be held in the Hall (so no-one has to endure that perpetual 'plimsol' aroma that the Gym sports) where your child's English and Maths books will be available for you to look at before or after your appointments.

We are really looking forward to meeting with you.



Well, that's it for another week. I hope you have a super weekend (although it's raining at the time of writing!) and an even more super week. It would be lovely to have a bit of feedback on the Blog so if you would like to make any comments, please do so.

See you next week!

Mrs Ray

(who managed to haul herself out of bed this morning to take part in a rather soggy Parkrun - the first one in quite a few weeks!)




Comments