Heating? We have a problem...

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

At the time of writing, you would all have had the message that school is closed (yes closed!) this Monday! This is totally the fault of our antiquated heating system but as someone who REALLY feels the cold (you ask any child who has seen me shiver my way through any outside duty!) I can only hope that you all stay nice and warm!

Last week, I remember saying that it was the calm the before the Christmassy Storm and it really was. The children have been even busier than usual preparing for the events that are heading our way and Year Five in particular have been incredible (just for a change!).
So, I shall cease with my babbling and continue with the whole purpose of this Blog - to gush about the amazing children in Key Stage Two...

Thank You!


It really is the season for giving isn't it? Erin and Gracie's Mum has very kindly donated their unwanted Gazebo to the school which is just fabulous, especially as the Sports Department are always in need of them.

Thank you so much, your generous donation will be put to very good use indeed!


Lots of Brights Stars

Image result for one bright star

Mrs Hammonds and the children have been working hard for their performances of One Bright Star next week. 


Now, you know me, never one to be disruptive (!) but I just couldn't resist it on Friday. After invading Food Tech for the compulsory Shepherd's 'tea towel', I rocked up mid rehearsal in the attire below and got a huge round of applause from the children as a result!


I absolutely loved it! 
Well, I have to get over the hurt and rejection of being cruelly missed out for the part of Mary - I warn you now, this is just the start. Now I know how the X Factor hopefuls feel when they are voted out. Sob!


The Year Five children are doing a cracking job. My advice to you is bring your tissues next week, you're going to need them! 


Worth a Mention Children

Massive congratulations to all the super duper children who have been named as this week's Worth a Mention Children.

Let's start with the Year Six Stars:






What an incredible set of reasons - well done to you all!

Now for the Year Five Superstars...


I can't begin to tell you now proud I am of you ALL - bravo!


Golden Time

So, little Roy and Beryl (aka The Kids) bound up to me on Wednesday evening to see how many Key Stage Two children got their Golden Time this week. They were delighted for the 260 + children who had earned it but very sad for the 40 + children who missed it this week.  


I think Mrs Ettling and I are starting to sound like broken records aren't we?
Let's make sure that I can bring Roy and Beryl better news next week...


DMS Prize Raffle Tickets still available...

Image result for beauty and the beast

For the bargain price of 10p a ticket, you could have the opportunity to win a book token, a tub of Heroes chocolate or a Christmas Chocolate Selection. Tickets are available in the Library at break time lunchtime and the draw will be held on 12th December.


Panto Time!

Image result for beauty and the beast characters

Talking of Beauty and the Beast - I can't wait for Wednesday's Pantomime! 
Is anyone else coming dressed as a Pantomime character? I'm not sure who to come as because I've spent all my money on my Mary outfit (what a waste of money that was!) so don't get your hopes up! Did they have shepherds in Beauty and the Beast? Just asking for a friend...



Well, that's it for this week. Many apologies for not publishing the Blog sooner but my word, it's been a busy old weekend which has included a shopping trip to Southampton which was exhausting and frustrating to say the least.


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and that the extra day off is a good one! 
Have a good week and I'll see you on the other side!

Mrs Ray

(who took part in Blandford Stour Rotary's Santa Run this morning. Five miles in the bag in full Santa outfit - go me!)



I got a medal! I love a medal me!



                                       
                        

  

          

Comments