Fun, fun, fun!

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

Well, that week zoomed by didn't it? I don't know about you but I really, genuinely don't feel like I have stopped this week! I have had sooooo much fun teaching our fabulous children this week and have been sooooo frustrated when I have had to nag about various things (state of the cloakrooms, state of the toilets, state of a few uniforms - you get the idea!). A normal week for us all I guess!

Anyway, let's crack on with this week's Blog.


Dorchester Middle School's PTFA


This week, I was lucky enough to join our very own Parent/Teachers group and was party to a very constructive and productive meeting. It was an absolute privilege to be part of the group and I am really looking forward to all the fun fundraising events that are in the pipeline. As soon as dates have been confirmed then I will let you know what we have planned and when.

Here is our new, hardworking  PTFA sorting out future dates - our school has been without a Parent/Teachers forum for such a long time now so it is absolutely brilliant that one is now up and running.


Our Chair is the wonderful Mrs Gardiner,  the Vice Chair is Mrs Samarasingha, the Treasurer is Mr Yard and our Secretary is our very own Miss Wood. If you would like to join our gang, then our next meeting is on Tuesday 12th February. Let us know if you would like to get involved and are able to attend - you will be extremely welcome!


Kevin - the Passive Aggressive Frog

As teachers, we are always looking for new ways to inspire, involve and challenge our children. We are trying to operate a 'No Hands Up' rule (where relevant) so the same children aren't always answering questions etc. I was trying to think of a way to do this in a none-threatening type of way when this little fellow inspired me...


He was made for me by Luke and Jack's Mum and he has always had a prime position in the classroom but didn't have much of a function. Well, from this week poor old Kevin has been chucked around the classroom for Years Five and Six. This frog is responsible for 6MP knowing what passive voice is hence his full title.

Many of our children also know this little fella - Pete the Penguin.


He is a HUGE fan of Miss Pluck - they were even wearing matching colours on Thursday! They have been known to hang out together on a frequent basis but don't tell Miss Enever though, she will get very jealous that Pete has 'moved on' from her. Who would have know that penguins can be so fickle? I thought they made a mate for life - clearly Pete is the exception!


No Ancient Egypt Day on Monday

Image result for ancient egypt

I hope that you received the text to say that there was no Ancient Egypt Day on Monday. Once a new date has been sorted out then we will let you know.


Golden Time

Image result for golden time school
Well, it was a bit of a soggy one this week so there wasn't an awful of 'gold' to be found, maybe at the end of the rainbow but I didn't spot any of those on Wednesday! It was lovely to see everyone having fun in their classrooms and enjoying the extra bit of free time.

Sadly, around 30 children in Key Stage Two missed their Golden Time. Homework seems to have been an issue this week, again. Unfortunately, homework is never going to go away is it? Please remember there are lots of ways that you can get homework completed in school but at the end of the day, it is down to YOU to get it completed and handed in on time.

Let's see if my continual nagging makes a difference to next week's numbers...!


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to the children who have found themselves on the Worth a Mention Boards this week.

Starting with Year Six:






...and now for Year Five:


A massive well done to all of you for your hard work and general loveliness! I see that Mrs Daniel has been busy drawing again - can you tell what it is? Answers on a postcard...




Well, that's it for another week. I am in the process of having the busiest weekend known to man so apologies if the Blog seems a little rushed and if I have missed out anything vital - I will probably remember in the middle of the night!


Have a lovely weekend - I hope you didn't get too soggy on Saturday although I am convinced that trenchfoot could make an appearance any minute now! The Bunnies are in having a 'Duvet Day', lucky them!

See you back here next week!

Mrs Ray

(who had a fabulous run with some of her Runblandford Chums last Sunday and ran the furthest she had ever run - 15km. I think I may have peaked!)















Comments