Have you missed me?


Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog and the Summer Term!



I hope you all had a smashing Easter and that you managed to have some sort of a break?

All the days continue to merge into one but I am so pleased that the weather continued to be as glorious as ever. To be honest, I was quite relieved when we had a day of rain as it meant that we could stay inside without feeling guilty! Also, the garden was watered, saved me a job!

Leading up to Easter, Duncan and I took part in an Ultra Marathon (50 miles) in aid of Poole Hospital. Don't panic, we didn't run 50 miles! Members of our running club and another running club ran around our nearby recreation ground where Duncan had measured out a mile. We then took it in turns to run a mile or two to make up the necessary 50 miles making sure that we stuck to social distancing rules. Duncan and I ran 6 miles between us. We were so proud to be part of this event that has, to date, raised over £1100 for the hospital. The friend of ours who organised it recently contracted COVID 19 and has made an incredible recovery.


Did the Easter Bunny make a visit to your households? Our Easter Bunny made an excellent effort this year because chocolate is an essential item, right? Have you got any chocolate left? Sadly, I didn't get an Easter Egg this year but that's OK, my waistline will thank me for it!


My husband has now been furloughed which means that he doesn't have to go to work for the present time. I think he is starting to get a bit bored now but his shed is looking amazingly tidy! Our garden is looking lovely but the bunnies keep eating my plants which is when my love for them tends to waiver. I have been on a few glorious bike rides including a ridiculously hilly ride on Sunday which involved a mountain called Okeford Hill. To be honest, after huffing and puffing my way up the hill, I was scared stiff going downhill to the point where my arms ached because I was squeezing the brakes so tightly! The view from the top was amazing - the picture I have included doesn't do it justice!



Anyway, I hope that you are all well and are getting back into our new-ish and rather unusual way of schooling. I am very keen to get some sort of routine in place but I keep failing miserable. I think I am learning to accept that going with the flow is definitely the way forward.

Have a good week everyone. Keep those diary entries going and don't forget to read for at least half an hour every day. Elsie and I are doing this on a daily basis and I have fallen back in love with reading as a result. My twelve year old continues to huff and puff her way through the half hour (I wonder where she gets that from?!) but the half hour is a lot less painful than it was! We had to have a bunny in the room today which was fine until he left his mark (I'll leave that to your imagination!) on the carpet. I was NOT impressed!

Take care everyone - please don't forget that we only at the end of an email if you need us. Keep in touch with your friends and family and even though virtual meetings aren't quite the same, it's so good to see and talk to the people you care about isn't it? Our Family Quiz nights on a Saturday are starting to become a bit of a fixture now. We actually won this week - I think it was because Duncan nailed the Music round. My competitive sister was a bit miffed...

Let me know what you have been up to - let's have a Blog that's about YOU and what life in Lockdown is like for you and your family. 
You can contact me via email:
fray01@dmsschool.co.uk


Stay safe and keep making me proud! 


Mrs Ray


Comments