Is this the new normal?


Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

I hope that you all had a good weekend and made the most of that gorgeous sunshine? I'm looking at a very different picture out of my window today. My garden is very grateful for the rain (so am I to a degree as I didn't have to water it!) but the bunnies are not, they were firmly refusing to leave the hutch so I had to put their fresh food in there so it didn't get wet. I'm so sad aren't I? 

I'm pleased to report that the bunnies have been observing social distancing - I am very proud of them. Do you like my bunny selfies? I've not attempted them before but I think they came out quite well didn't they?





The weekend was great although it whizzed by so quickly didn't it?

Having had a very busy Friday, I was looking forward to the weekend I can tell you! Saturday was a busy day of faffing including dealing with a few emails, doing a few things around the house and going for a walk with the twelve year old. Yes, I got her out of the house! She scooted and I walked, desperately trying to keep up with her. We then had our now weekly family quiz night which was really hard this week. I came first last week and last this week. It doesn't matter though, it was lovely to see everyone.

On Sunday, I went on another lovely long bike ride. I love going out on my bike and it has been a joy going to some of the most beautiful parts of our county whilst technically sat down. It's so much easier than running. The route I took enabled me to see some gorgeous countryside as well as revisiting some of my childhood places - Almer church (picture below) was where my Mum and Dad got married, I was christened and where various members of my now deceased family are buried there, including my grandfather. I also cycled past the back of Dad's farm - the picture of the wood is part of the farm. 








When I had got back home, Duncan had sorted out one of his bikes for Elsie to use so I ended up going on another (but much shorter) bike ride almost immediately. She whizzed along the trailway, it was hard to keep up with her (again!).




Over to you...

Last week, I asked you to tell me about what you have been up to in lock down and gave you my email address to do so.

Well, you have been a busy group of individuals haven't you?

First up we have Isis in 5IW who hasn't stopped since lock down began. Isis and her family have been busy making and getting out headbands to nurses. It has been a real family treat according to Mum. At this point they had made 100 of them!

Look at the amazing results:









Isis is also looking after the Chickens, growing vegetables with her Dad and also working out in the gym and practising rugby skills with her academy playing brother!

Now that is impressive.

Reece in 5BL was set a Team Work challenge by his Mum. Along with his brother Josh, he made these delicious-looking chocolate brownies. 



Jealous? Me? Absolutely!

If you would like to share your Lock Down activities with me and you don't mind them being featured on the Blog then please do email me on:
fray01@dmsschool.co.uk

Well, that's the Blog for this week - more from me (and hopefully you) next week.

I hope that you and your families are all OK and coping with the strange situation that we still find ourselves in. It's been fun speaking to some of you on the phone this week (well, those of you who wanted to speak to me!). I hope you have enjoyed catching up with your teachers. If they haven't called you yet don't panic - they have a lot of children to get through!

Take care everyone and remember:

Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

Mrs Ray x

Comments