Still here...

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

So, how are you all? 
Are you OK? 
Can you believe that we have yet another week under our belts? 

Well, plans are being made for a return to school but there are still lots of ifs, buts and maybes aren't there? There is so much speculation about what is going to happen but the one thing I am sure of is the fact that whatever happens, Ms Pluck wants us all to be safe and will work hard to make sure this happens. With things changing every day, the school will be in touch with your families as soon as a plan of action has been formulated.

Keep doing what you are doing, try not to worry about things that are, in effect, out of your control and trust that the right decisions will be made for everyone.

In last week's Blog, I finished it by saying that I will clap for the amazing children of Dorchester Middle School and this picture shows you that I did. I felt quite emotional as I did so - I miss you all so much!


The 8pm Clap for the NHS is getting quite a following in our street! Not only did we have our weekly fix of live music, we also had a magic show courtesy of our opposite neighbour! She was brilliant!


We had four songs last week. I love watching my neighbours dancing and singing along at a safe, social distance.


Once the clapping, magic show and live music had finished, I had a 'date' with my Mum, brother and sister. I love our weekly chats, I really do. 
Can you tell that we are related? 
What do we all have in common?



On Friday it was, as you know, the 75th Anniversary of VE Day. Lots of people in our street put out their bunting and the street looked very jolly! At 3pm, we all came out of our houses to toast all those incredible people who have, over the years, fought for our freedom. We had socially distanced drinks and Elsie made a cake for everyone. 

The first picture below is of Elsie and I sat in the middle of our road, chatting.


A panoramic view of the street

I love this picture of me and Elsie!

Our bunnies continue to keep us amused and here are the latest pictures. We have a new game, feed the bunnies one of the leaves from the garden (I couldn't tell you what it's called) and make them go up and stay on their hind legs.



Hours of fun!

On Sunday, I went for a long (and overdue) bike ride to Tarrant Rushton airfield. The Tarrant Valley is beautiful and I never get bored of cycling around there.


Tarrant Rushton Airfield is no longer a working air field but it was very important during the Second World War. It was used for glider operations during World War Two and was then handed over for civilian use.




It's an incredible place to visit with the most beautiful views - there was quite a steep hill to slog up in order to get there -  I was shattered!

I'm still managing to go running, when I can be bothered! Somehow, I had managed to 'sign up' to a virtual relay race and my day to do my leg was Tuesday. I couldn't not do it as I didn't want to let down my team mates and do my designated 5km. 
I was sooooooo slow but at least it's done.

Before the run!

After the run!

One of my absolute highlights this week was the Key Stage Two Team Meeting that we had on Monday. I managed to 'see' virtually every member of the team, which was just brilliant! I was convinced that it was going to be a disaster - trying to get 16 people together is tricky at the best of times but if you try and do it virtually, well, you can imagine the potential chaos can't you?

However, I am delighted to report that it was a triumph! 

We are meeting again next week and I can't wait.


Last week we had a snippet of what Miss Randall and Mrs Cook had been up to during lock down didn't we? Well, Mrs Ettling very kindly sent me some pictures so let's move on to...

The Mrs Ettling Experience

Mrs Ettling has been working so, so hard (as she always does) during lock down and the first picture shows her dog, Widget, waiting patiently hour upon hour upon hour upon hour while she plans and marks items on Google Classroom. 
What a patient dog!


The next three photographs show what Mrs Ettling and Widget have seen on their beautiful evening springtime walks in her village. Glorious!






The Key Stage Two Children Experience

A huge thank you to the various children and their parents who kindly sent me some fabulous pictures following my Facebook appeal earlier in the week.

Oran in Year Six has been busy playing badminton in his garden. Very impressive!



This is Harry in Year Five's recycled material art project. He’s used a milk bottle and paper to make a Dinosaur head. 
It looks brilliant doesn't it?



Henry in Year Six has been busy cooking ! He's made cakes, fajitas, Chinese noodles and has triumphed at making mozerella onion rings as pictured below!


This is what Henry also wrote:


I’ve also been playing lots of French cricket with my family which is a good game to play if you don’t have a lot of space.

I’ve been on lots of walks and seen some adders! We walked past them very quickly as my dog Monty wanted to investigate!


Yes, I think I would have walked past adders very quickly too! Shudder!


Joseph, also in Year Six, has made a Titanic model as he is 'Titanic mad' as his Mum would say. It's worth clicking on the picture below just to see the incredible detail. Joseph, this is amazing!



It was Verity's 11th Birthday last week. She is a Star Wars baby as she was born on May 4th!

This is what she wrote:

I had a great day and opened all my presents while on FaceTime with my grandparents. The  unicorn card was from Scarlett. She made it! We played lots of fun games including putting an Oreo on your forehead and trying to get it in your mouth without using your hands. My mum was the closest. We also played a game which included being blindfolded and trying different foods and guessing them. We had baby food, mushrooms with chocolate spread and cereal with tomato sauce. Gross! 


It sounds as though Verity had a fabulous day - one to remember!



Well, that's it for this week's Blog. Please remember to send me your lock down pictures and tell me of your experiences; I love hearing from you.
You can contact me on:
fray01@dmsschool.co.uk

I am posting this on a Thursday again which means it is Clap for our NHS Heroes night tonight. As I said at the beginning of the Blog, I also clapped for you last week and will do so again this evening but this time I am also going to include your incredible teachers. They have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure that you receive work that not only keeps you busy but also keeps your brains ticking over until we see you again. 

It may not always feel like it but you are constantly in their thoughts and hearts, hoping that you are all safe and well, knowing that you are doing the best you can.

Take care everyone and I'll see you next week.

Mrs Ray

Comments