Sun + sun + sun = fun, fun, fun!

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

Many apologies for not getting this Blog out sooner but goodness me, it's been a hectic few days!

We are now in half term - can you believe it? Even though all the days are morphing into each other, it's good to know that it's holiday time and that we can all catch up our collective breath and enjoy the sunshine without thinking about the work that you need to complete and, if you are working online, turn in.

Although I have felt totally and utterly chained to my laptop more than ever over the last week or so I have managed to get out on my bike and last Sunday saw me journey to another beautiful part of the county that I hadn't visited for a long, long time and that was a village called Witchampton. One of the main  reasons that I wanted to go there is because it's where my granny is buried and I wanted to pay my respects to her. However, it took me an hour and half and three phone calls to try and find her headstone. I failed miserably and had to cycle back home pretty sharpish as the battery on my phone had run out and I was worried that Duncan and Elsie would be wondering where I was.




I needn't have worried- they hadn't really noticed. Either that or they were enjoying the peace and quiet and distinct lack of nagging/moaning!

I don't know about you but quite a lot of positives have come out of this lock down. As you know from previous posts, we all come out in force on a Thursday at 8pm in our street but the Whats App group has also been great. I now pretty much know everyone's name: we always say 'hello' to each other where we wouldn't have done so before. I now get a regular supply of newspapers for the bunnies and I recently acquired two cornflower plants that are thriving in our garden.


Elsie has been baking for neighbours who she barely knew and saving our waistlines in the process.


And, of course we have those super cute little fur balls in the garden who have been responsible for many a wasted minute/hour or two! Last week they were contemplating coming inside to do PE with Joe (and me) but they withdrew pretty quickly. I think it was the thought of doing burpees that put them off!


This Sunday, I went for a run with a good friend of mine. I have to say that our social distancing was excellent but I found it so hard not to be able to give her a hug. She is a teacher too but in a different school. Sometimes all you need is a friendly and sympathetic ear to listen to you and then the world feels OK again. We ran around some beautiful countryside and barely saw a soul. I love Dorset, don't you?

The forecast is looking good for the rest of the week so in between catching up on school work and reading some rather fabulous stories from Years Five and Six on Google Classroom I am hoping to get out on my bike a bit more and to make the most of it. What are YOU planning to do during  half term? I hope you have some lovely things lined up.

DMS Masterchefs

I was delighted when Mrs Ettling sent me through lots of pictures of the amazing food that some of you have been producing through lock down. I warn you now, looking at the following pictures might make you feel hungry...

Achsah's potato salad

Toast art from Boris

Eliza's pavlova

Fardin's Toast Art

Caiden's Carrot Cake

Clara's potato salad

Isabella's Afternoon Tea

Jack's Omelette

Lilia's chow mein

Noah's lasagne

Oliver's bread

Well done everyone! 
Please, please,please do send me your lock down pictures, I love putting them on the Blog.
You can email your pictures to:
fray01@dmsschool.co.uk

Now, where's the ice cream...


All change, again!

As you are probably all aware, the phased return to school is to commence on Tuesday 2nd June starting with Year Six. Year Six, I hope that you received the letter that Ms Pluck and I sent on Friday? Unfortunately it hasn't made it's way to the website as of yet but if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll get that sorted for you. 

I am sure that you are all feeling quite a range of emotions about school regardless of the year group that you are in. For the children who are returning to school next week, I can continue to assure you that the staff have worked incredibly hard to make sure that you will be safe as humanly possible. Your first couple of days will be all about getting used to what the school looks like now, to understand what has been put in place and to learn the new rules and routines. I'm pretty sure that as soon as you have got the first couple of days under your metaphorical belts, you'll be feeling settled and more relaxed. 

If you are still at home then we will still be making sure that work is being set and that we will be keeping your brains ticking over until we get you back into school, whenever that will be. You are always in our thoughts!

I have constantly been at home since the beginning of the lock down so I really do understand how everyone must be feeling. There is so much that I miss, especially my school family who mean the world to me and that includes you. My husband often jokes that I have one child in Blandford and 300 in Dorchester and he's so right, that's exactly how I feel. Whatever happens, whatever decisions are made, we will all see each other again and what a glorious reunion that will be!

Now take care everyone, remember to 'stay alert' and look after each other! 

This week was Mental Health Week and the theme was kindness so be kind to those around you but also be kind to yourself!


Mrs Ray x




Comments