Change can be good!

Hello and welcome back to the Key Stage Two Blog!

How has your week been? I am really, really missing my school family this week. 

Some of you have been back for various amounts of time and I hope that it is going well for you. As the school increases in number, I hope you are all feel settled and are enjoying being back in a more familiar setting, if that makes sense? 

For those of us who remain at home, are we all OK? 

I have been enjoying reading the work that my English groups have been turning and although it is taking a while, it's well worth it. 
Well done Team!

Congratulations Ms Pluck!

If you haven't heard the news then I am delighted to inform you that, after a rigorous interview process, Ms Pluck has been appointed the permanent Headteacher of our fantastic school.


Ms Pluck has steered our school through some really tricky times so, I for one, am delighted that our school has been put in such trusted hands.

 Although many of us aren't in school to say 'well done' in person, I am sure that everyone will join in me in wishing her the very best and to support her in her new role.

(I miss Pete!)


Back to Blandford...

Every week, when I sit down to write this Blog, I always start by wracking my brains, desperately trying to think of 'news' to share with you. It's amazing that, once I think about it, how much I have actually done despite being stuck at home.

Our Thursday night music-orientated gathering continue. We still clap at 8pm as it is what bound us together in the first place.


This dog, Lily, belongs to one of our neighbours. She is very sweet but she is also very slobbery!


Elsie had a lovely surprise this week when her best friend Millie came to say 'hello' whilst her Dad was getting chips from the chip shop opposite us. They hadn't seen each other in person for such a long time that they didn't know what to say to each other to begin with!


I've been trying really hard to get a new reading regime into place. We did really well until Friday when it all went horribly wrong! After a rather tense 'debate', we have agreed to give it another go on Monday. 

Third time lucky?



Just in case you were getting withdrawal symptoms, here is a cute picture of Beryl. 
I haven't seen much of the boys over the last couple of days. When it rains they like to have 'hutch days' which is a bit like our duvet days but with more straw.


I had a very active weekend - well, I do an awful lot of sitting in the week, so it was good to get 'out and about' although I don't like to wander too far away from home.

Miss Clements and I went on a socially distanced walk around the Milton Abbas area. It was absolutely beautiful! I didn't quite catch the name of Miss Clements' new friend - he was a little horse (did you see what I did there?!)



On Sunday, I went for run with my buddies Hannah and Karen. We returned to Spetisbury where there were still LOADS of swans on the river but no sign of any babies as yet. We saw the nest, which was empty, but it looked like there were eggs in there and not signets.




You'll be pleased to know that the 'purpose' of our run was to get coffee and cake and that our mission was successful! Phew!


Lots of ticks for the mental health boxes!


Story Time

Have you had a look at our Story Time page on the website yet?

At the time of writing this Blog, we have THREE stories on there - they are well worth looking at, especially Story Three!
]



A huge 'thank you' to Mrs Marshall who has been an absolute star. This whole initiative just would not have happened without her!

Any feedback is very welcome:
fray01@dmsschool.co.uk

Be kind with your comments!


Wellbeing Challenge

Last week, I set you a Wellbeing Challenge and I am delighted to share a couple of pictures from our Key Stage Two family.

First up, we have Alex in Year Five.
I have found it hard to sleep sometimes since lock down. After trying lots of different thing. I have found that doing word searches in bed helps me sleep.

Now, I thought that this was an excellent idea so I have found a word search that was kicking around the house and have taken it upstairs at bedtime instead of my iPad. I can absolutely see how this helped Alex because I am sleeping a lot better than I was. Excellent tip - thank you!


Next we have Jacinthe in Year Six. Just seeing how smiley she is in this picture instantly made me happy!
One of the wellbeing activities I did was cooking/ baking. In this photo, I made mocha and peppermint cookies with my mum. 😁 My family loved the cookies!



Is it wrong to have cookie envy? 
Have many of you taken up baking since March? My daughter has done so, as you know, but our ever increasing waist bands are worth it see how happy it makes her. 
I can't begin to imagine how happy these delicious cookies made Jacinthe's family feel!


Well, that's for this week.

Keep going with the Wellbeing Challenge, I would absolutely love to add more pictures on here and not just from Key Stage Two, Key Stage Three children are more than welcome too!

I also hope that you are giving the reading and writing challenges a go?

Take care everyone. Another week may well have gone by but hopefully we're a week nearer to returning to getting back to some sort of normal - whatever that might be!

Stay safe, keep being alert and be kind to each other.

Until next week...

Mrs Ray x




Comments