I can see the finish line...

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Blog!

Well, can you believe it? We have embarked on the last week of the summer term and what a term is has been! It feels quite surreal doesn't it? By now, the children who are currently in the Years Five, Six and Seven  know who their Homebase Tutors will be in September and the current Year Four are excitedly waiting to find out who theirs will be. Many of you will know your Tutor already and a few of you have the opportunity to get to know members of staff who are new to you. Like I said before, change can be good and we need to embrace those changes, giving them a go and starting your new term with an open mind.

I had THE busiest week this week! Not only did we have most of the Transition Meetings, I also had THE busiest weekend!

I had to go to the doctor's this week to have another blood test. We have to wear mask so I tried out the lovely Boden one my sister sent me.



I'm sure that I looked very stylish but it was very hard to breathe in it! I couldn't wait to take it off when I got back outside into the fresh air.

I've been trying to keep up with the well being activities so my attentions turned back to my garden this weekend. It's all coming along quite nicely with some very, very pretty flowers in it (that haven't been eaten by the bunnies!)







I was also very active this weekend. On Saturday, I went for a walk with my friend Zoe. This week we went for a good stomp around Puddletown Forest.





It was a glorious morning and as we met nice and early it was very quiet too. We ended up in Thorncombe Woods which we used to take our Year Five children to years ago. It was strange seeing Rushy Pond again but it hasn't changed.

On Sunday morning I went for my usual run with Karen and Hannah. I struggled on the way home as it was getting really hot. Oh, and the fact that I have eaten a very big piece of cake!



We're pretty sure that we spotted three egrets in a tree. What do you reckon?




We invited Miss Clements over for a socially distanced lunch which was rather lovely but strange having her at the other end of the table. It was like she had been naughty or something! When we had finished our lunch, we went for a beautiful walk along the river. Whilst on our travels, we came across a rather smart boathouse.



 





We had lots of fun, can you tell?

After Miss Clements departed for home (via collecting her Asda shop), my Mum came to see us. It was the first time that we had seen each other in 'real life' since Christmas. Yes, there were tears. We were just so pleased to see each other again after so long.



It was so, so sad when she went back home but I was so pleased to see her again. I've missed her so much.

Finally, a Blog wouldn't be a Blog without a picture of 'The Boys' so here we are:



I think Roy was trying to groom Beryl. Either that or he got rather camera shy!


 Miss Easton's Weekend

I think this was the week where everyone had a busy weekend? Miss Easton sent me through some absolutely beautiful photographs from hers.







The seals are becoming quite famous aren't they? A few of you have seen them now haven't you? Are you able to get quite close to them? One of my friends went swimming on Sunday and ended up having one for company. Once he got over the initial shock, he rather enjoyed it!

Now, how about these beauties? I reckon the bunnies would gobble them up rather quickly, don't you?

 


Zoom Meetings

Last week, Miss Easton, Miss Wood and myself conducted six (yes, six!) Zoom Meetings for the parents and carers of the Year Four children who are coming up to us in September. Despite the regrettable technical hitch on the first day, the rest were relatively straightforward. I was so incredibly nervous before every single meeting (I didn't have a thing to eat on the Tuesday!) but everyone was so lovely that the nerves were banished and I got into the swing of it relatively quickly.



We have one more meeting on Tuesday evening and then that's it for this year. A huge thank you to everyone who attended - I hope it was helpful and that everyone feels a bit more confident about September. We have one more on Tuesday night so if you missed any of the previous meetings and you would like to attend, please let the office know and they can give you the meeting ID and password.



I had a visit from one of my co pilots - Miss Wood on Saturday. She was brandishing the most gorgeous bunch of flowers along with a box of her delicious legendary chocolate brownies. The flowers were from her and Miss Easton to say 'well done' for the Zoom meetings which was just so thoughtful. It should be me giving them flowers for giving up three of their precious evenings!

Team work really does make the dream work!


Competition Winner

Congratulations to Rohanna for winning the creative writing competition! I LOVED her poem, it was simply brilliant. If you didn't see it, have a look on our Facebook page. It's well worth reading.


Gabriel

Here’s a lovely picture that Gabriel finished for the RSPB competition. According to his Mum, he has also helped make frosted lemon buns, has done MyMaths and has started reading a new book The Diamond Brothers - The Blurred Man. 


Well done Gabriel!This is a beautiful picture - I absolutely love it!


Well, that's it for another week. There will be one more Blog this weekend and then that will be it until September.

For those of us who will be coming back to school for the the first time in months, we will need that open mind set that I mentioned at the beginning of my Blog. 

If there were things that were worrying you before we went into lock down, don't assume that things will be exactly the same as they were before. You are probably worrying unnecessarily. A lot has changed since March, people have changed since March so come back into school in September with no set expectations and view September as a fresh start. I know I will be.

As we will have to be in zones/pods/bubbles, September isn't going to be what we are used to. Having said that, I think we have forgotten what 'normal' actually is!

I hope you all have a good week and I'll look forward to seeing you back here for the last post of the term.

Take care everyone. Keep yourselves safe, enjoy the last week but above all, be kind to those around you. Always.


Mrs Ray x

Comments