All change (again!)

 Hello and welcome back to the Blog!

For one of the first times in my life, I am struggling to find the words to articulate what the last week has actually been like. I am just pleased that, in Key Stage Two, we got to have Monday with our fabulous children!


Keep on Learning

Well, as you can imagine, we have been very busy making sure that the learning continues regardless if you are at home or at school. 

For those of you who are working at home, I hope that you are able to follow your normal school timetable for your CLASS and that you are accessing your Google Classrooms OK. Is the work you are being set interesting and informative? 

Where possible, your teachers will be online during your usual lesson time so if there is something that you are not sure of then please do send them a message. Also, when we start a lesson, please let us know if you are in the Google Classroom as that helps us to work out how many of you are able to access the Google Classroom in 'real time' so to speak.

If you are coming into school then don't forget that you need to follow your SCHOOL timetable regardless if you are in school full time or part time. The idea is that it allows your learning to be as smooth as possible. One of the phrases that we dread to hear is 'I've already done this!' so this system should knock that on the head, so to speak.

All the staff at Dorchester Middle School have been as amazing as ever.

Mrs Whiting was very brave and had a go at her first 'live lesson' with her Guinea Pigs Gracie and Joey.
I couldn't resist popping in to say 'Hello' - it was lovely to see them!
You will start to see teachers gradually deliver 'live' and 'recorded' sessions over the next couple of weeks. I am in the process of making a recording for Year Five English about Modal Verbs. If you are in Year Five, watch out for that next week. 

Here is Miss Clements teaching English: 


She thoroughly enjoyed the experience and so did the children.

Look after yourselves

As you all know, I am a passionate advocate of making sure that we look after our Mental Health and this latest lockdown has already proven to be a challenge hasn't it?

Mrs James found this and shared it with me so that I can share it with you.

                  

I tried to get out for a run this weekend and although I could find a zillion excuses not to go, I made myself put my trainers on and leave the house. It was such a beautiful (but rather freezing!) run/walk and I felt so much better for it. 

Did any of you go for a walk or bike ride or some sort of exercise this weekend? If you did, please do send me any pictures to fray01@dmsschool.co.uk and I will try and get them on the Blog. 

I believe that the wonderful Joe Wicks is back tomorrow morning? During the first lockdown, I was at home with my daughter Elsie and I made her participate in his sessions every morning. She wasn't keen to the point that I ended up doing them on my own. 

I am sad that I won't be able to join in this time but I am the very proud owner of a 'PE with Joe' T-Shirt!

Don't forget the Five Ways to Wellbeing and make sure that you are mindful of them everyday - they really do help you to maintain your own personal wellbeing. 

I speak from personal experience.


Here is one of my favourite ways to wellbeing!




Well, that's it for this week but I fully intend to be back next week to keep you updated and in touch with school.

Please remember that we can only do our best in the situation that we find ourselves in. Like I said to Key Stage Two on Monday, we need to look after each other, be considerate of those around us and, above all, be kind.

Have a good week everyone!

Mrs Ray

Comments

  1. Thank you for your update Mrs Ray. I hope you have a great week - thank you to you and all of the DMS staff who are working hard to keep our kids learning x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment