Team DMS

Hello and welcome back to the Blog!

Have you all had a good week? I have certainly had an extremely busy one where I don't think my feet have touched the ground! 

When I have visited the classrooms, it has been such a treat to see all the fabulous learning that is going on between handwashing/hand sanitizing and playtimes. 

I had the treat of covering 8EE on Wednesday during their afternoon Homebase time - it only seems like yesterday that they were in 5AD! I read them a chapter from a fabulous book called 'How to be a Well Being' about breaking up with your Smartphone in the form of a letter. I think quite a lot of the children related to what I read which was evident in the subsequent discussion that we had.  It must have rung true (excuse the dreadful pun!).

Anyway, I'm wittering on again so let's crack on with this week's post...


Unsung Heroes of DMS


These two fine gentlemen are Mr Jones and Mr Benham. Between them, they run the school site and do a rather fabulous job of it. In recent months, their workload has dramatically increased as they keep us stocked up in paper towels, soap, hand sanitizer as well as keeping our school environment as clean and safe as it can be and that's just for starters!

They work incredibly hard on our behalves but I can imagine many of you don't really know who they actually are. You have probably seen them around the school? How about saying 'Thank You' to them next time you see them?

 It'll make their day!


Teacher's Pets

Last week, I told you that we were going to have a new regular feature on the Blog and this week I am proud to introduce Tinkerbell and Sizzles along with a host of chickens.


As you can see, these gorgeous creatures belong to our very own Mr Roberts and his family. Aren't they great? 

According to Mr Roberts, Sizzles doesn't like baths. Neither does my daughter. They clearly have a lot in common! 

If you get a spare moment, it's worth having a look at the Story Time section of our website and watch Story Three. You won't be disappointed!

https://www.dorchestermid.dorset.sch.uk/story-three/

Thank you Mr Roberts for sharing your fantastic pictures with us.

Tune in to see which teacher will share their pets with us next week.


Nearly there...


This is Mrs Spackman and she is our school librarian. She has been working incredibly hard in our library so that we can borrow books again. She has, quite literally, catalogued EVERY book in the library which is no mean feat I can tell you as there are thousands of them!

She has nearly finished her stock take and once she has, you will be able to start enjoying the wealth of books that our amazing library has to offer.


Worth a Mention Children

Massive congratulations to all of the awesome children in Key Stage Two who found their names on this week's Worth a Mention boards.

Let's start with Year Five this week:







Now for the turn of Year Six:






I am so impressed with the range of reasons why you have been chosen this week and am equally impressed with your awesome teachers who have your names up on the boards before you come into school in Friday!


Kindness costs nothing

Whilst out on lunchtime duty this week, I found myself stuck. Literally. My worst nightmare had come true - I managed to get my shoe heel caught in the grate that divides the lower playground and the tennis courts. 

However hard I yanked my heel, it was firmly stuck in the metal trap! The more I tugged at my heel, the more reluctant it was to be set free. Young Ivy saw the gathering crowds (who were incredibly amused I hasten to add) and came, quite literally, to my rescue!

Thank you Ivy for saving the day - you are my hero!


Golden Time

This week, all of Key Stage Two experienced the joy that is Golden Time. Our focus this week was behaviour and if anyone had, for whatever reason, received a 'Behaviour Point' they missed some of their Golden Time and spent time with me and Mrs Ettling. 

Once we had discussed why the Behaviour Points were awarded and what they could do to make sure it didn't happen again, they joined the rest of the children and had lots of fun.

This week, our focus will be Behaviour AND making sure the Home/School Diaries are signed. If you haven't done so already, please could you make sure that your child's diary has been signed for the weeks that they have been in school. 


Unfortunately, the Homebase Tutors won't be able to sign the diaries but once they have been seen, then we will ask the children to tick the 'School Signature' space so you know it has been seen. 

Diaries tend to be checked on a Thursday during afternoon Homebase Time. 

The following week's focus will be Homework.


Five Ways to Wellbeing
 

As you will know by now, I try hard to weave the Five Ways to Wellbeing into my daily life where at all possible. This weekend in particular I CONNECTED with my friends and nature, I got ACTIVE with a beautiful walk around Puddletown Forest including the gorgeous Thorncombe Woods and TOOK NOTICE of the incredible surroundings. I LEARNED that there were ponies in woods (there was a particulary special moment when I saw three of them drinking from Rushy Pond). Finally, I have tried to GIVE my time to my friends who are an incredible support to me as well as my brilliant family. My brother and I went to Salisbury on Friday night to celebrate my Mum's birthday with her by going out for a meal.

What have YOU done towards your Five Ways to Wellbeing this week?



Well, that's it for another week. I hope you are in the process of having a fabulous weekend and enjoying this glorious weather.

See you back here next week for more news and updates.

Mrs Ray

(who met her friend in Puddletown and discovered that they were hoodie twins!)






Comments

Post a Comment