Christmas Alert!

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

Another busy week under our belts and what a week it has been! I have been delighted to see all the classes entering into the spirit of Christmas with a wonderful range of activities to acknowledge the upcoming festivities. 

We are going to have an incredibly busy week next week as well but more of that later.

So, without further ado, let's see what's been going on at DMS this week...


Christmas Jumper Day

I think that this is one of my favourite days of the Autumn Term - it is such a treat to see so many Christmas jumpers on so many people in school. 

Here is a selection of some of the fantastic jumpers/outfits that were seen in school on Friday. 

 

 

  

These are my socks! They were a last minute addition to the outfit but I received many compliments in school buy many insults at home!














 I'm not sure how much money we have raised yet but we will let you know as soon as we can.

A HUGE 'Thank You' to everyone who contributed to the day in one way or the other - you are amazing!

Pete the very naughty Penguin

Pete is my penguin. I love him but he is very naughty indeed. He absolutely LOVES Ms Pluck though and 5MW witnessed a very emotional reunion between the two of them on Friday.


He has been getting to know the Year Five children and has already made friends/enemies as the pictures below show...


I wonder who he will terrorise next week?


That naughty Elf strikes again!

If you have been looking at our Facebook page, you would see that we have another naughty 'character' in school and that is our resident Elf.

He is still giving Mrs Anderson the run around!


Can you see what the Elf is holding below? That is the prize that the Year Five children can win if they can guess the name of the Elf.


All you have to do is write your name, HB and what you think the Elf's name is on a piece of paper and get it to the office.

The winner will be announced at the end of term.
 

Get Mrs Ray Chrismassy Campaign

Last week, I decided that I was the Grinchella because I just wasn't getting into the Christmas spirit.

Well, the wonderful Mistry-Dyers have taken up the challenge to help me feel more Christmassy and they are doing a cracking job! I have a chocolate decoration to hang on me tree and a Gummy Bear decoration that is on my lanyard.

Thank you Mistry-Dyers, it's starting to work!  



Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to this week's magnificent Worth a Mention children.

Let's start with Year Five:






I managed to catch the WAM Elves (aka as Mrs Flux and Mr Duffy) writing their children's names on the board!

Now it's the turn of Year Six:






My timing was cracking as I caught Dr Ball writing up her children's names too! 


Well done everyone - you are all stars!


Before and looking forward to the After!

5CWT have got a rather lovely Christmas Tree in their classroom but it's looking a bit empty isn't it?


They are all busy making gorgeous Christmas decorations in Tech so this poor little tree will soon have some company!

I'll get a picture when it's looking a fit 'fuller'.

We are Family

There is no doubt that the DMS Family is a very special one and I am incredibly proud to be part of it. 

Here is a selection of members of staff who have relatives in our school.


I couldn't resist sharing these lovely pictures!



Well, that's it for this week. As we hurtle towards the end of term, as I mentioned earlier, we have a very busy week ahead of us.

On Thursday we have the Live Virtual Pantomime, Cinderella. We are also encouraging the children to swap one part of their uniform for something Christmassy for £1.

This will not only make the pantomime day feel extra festive, but it is also in aid of supporting the Dorset Mind #stepupchallenge. One of our students in Y7 is currently involved in taking part in the #stepupchallenge. 

Their goal is to complete 1,000,000 steps in 50days (1st November – 21st December). Our donations will help raise funds for their challenge in which they will donate all the money they have raised to Dorset Mind. I am so proud of them as this is a charity that is very close to my heart.

 On Friday, Ms Pluck will be holding a Virtual Whole School Assembly and there will be a Virtual Key Stage Two Stripes Assembly, both in the morning. It is also a non uniform day but is not a fund raising event so no donations are expected.


I feel tired just writing that!


Anyway, have a fabulous week everyone. Just a few more days to go before we can all have some time off to recharge our very flat batteries!

Take care and see you next week!

Mrs Ray

(who made it back to Damers last week to drop off the books that the Year Five children kindly returned!)









Comments