Limited Edition

Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

What a week! I will say that again. What a week!

Now, I have had a bit of a disaster. My trusty camera that I use to take all the pictures for the Blog has decided to play a game of 'Hide and Seek' with me. At the moment, it seems to be winning but all the lovely pictures I took on Semi Final Day are in that camera. Tsk. 

However, one picture that I am so pleased to re-share is that of the 'Fabulous Four' who were interviewed by BBC Radio Solent.

We definitely have Football Pundits in the making! 


Moving On Up

As we hurtle towards the end of term (if anyone says that we are winding down, please put them straight!) we have lots of fun things planned and of course, we have our Moving Up Day on Tuesday which is very exciting for everyone.

On Tuesday morning, all of the children who will be with us in September will find out who their Homebase Tutor will be next year. The Year Sixes will also find out who will be with them in their new classes.

Year Seven to Year Eight:

During Lesson One, the children will be discussing with their Tutors about how they feel about moving into Year Eight. This is also an opportunity to get everything ready for their Buddies.

Year Six to Year Seven:

The plan is that at the start of Lesson One, the children will be taken to the Year Five playground by their current Homebase Tutor. The children will then be put into their new classes and go with their teacher to get to know each other and discuss the move up to Year Seven for the rest of the lesson.

They will then go back to their Year Six Tutors for Lesson Two so they can start to complete a transition booklet for their new Homebase Tutor and to chat about their new classes.

Year Five to Year Six:

Once the Year Six Tutors have accompanied their children to the playground, they will come to the Year Five Classrooms. The new Homebase Tutor will spend the rest of Lesson One with their new class so that they can start to get to know each other.

Please be aware that there are new members of staff joining us in September who will be Homebase Tutors but who, unfortunately, won't be able to join us on Tuesday as they'll be teaching at their current school.  

Such exciting times ahead!


Speed Sharing

On Monday, we welcomed the Year Four teachers from Feeder First Schools to share information about the fabulous children who will be joining us in September. 

I am pleased to tell you that cake was involved!







There was such a lovely buzz in the Gym. It is always great to meet with our First School colleagues and we really appreciated them taking time out of their very busy day to come and talk to us about their children.  


Creative 5CWT

When I was teaching in Room One on Friday, I spied these rather marvellous boxes.





I think they were made as part of their Tech lessons? I thought they were rather lovely and deserved to be shared.


Fill The Box

I spied this in the Library at the beginning of the week and watched it expand over the week. This was part of National Writing Week and the challenge was to write something short on the theme of connection that would fill a post it note or the Twitter limit of 280 characters.





I loved it - can you see why?


Worth a Mention Children

As always, huge congratulations to this week's Worth a Mention children.

Let's start with Year Six this week:





Now the turn of Year Five:





I am so impressed and incredibly proud of every single one of you!

Well done!


Well, that's it for another week. Fingers crossed that I find my camera so I can share those pictures with you as I took some corkers! I am bound to have left it somewhere, I know what I'm like!

At the time of writing, I don't what the outcome of THE match will be but I hope that you enjoy the game with all the twists and turns and highs and lows that will inevitably happen.

Have a good week and I'll 'see' you next week.

Mrs Ray

(who went for a very soggy, muddy yet beautiful walk around Wimborne on Saturday. The thistle bush below was rather impressive!)









Comments