Kindness rules

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

What a week! 

What a busy week! 

What a productive week! 

I don't know about you but I don't think I have actually stopped this week. My step count has been awesome, I can tell you! I am hoping for a quieter week next week but who am I kidding?

Right, enough of my ramblings and on with a rather action-packed Blog...


Anti-Bullying Week

All of this week, the children have been participating in Anti Bullying Week, organised by our very own Mrs Emery. It was lovely to see all the children busy completing a variety of activities that were devised to enable them to understand what bullying is and the impact it can have on individuals. 

The theme was 'One Kind Word'.


Odd Socks Monday

Luckily, I brought my camera out to the playground with me on Monday morning and it was a good job that I did! I was SO impressed with the number of children and staff who had made the effort to wear odd socks. The following pictures are just the tip of the odd sock iceberg!


















This was the excellent start to an excellent week.
Thank you to everyone who participated.


Pets Odd Sock Competition

It's not every day that pictures of pets wearing odd socks pop into your inbox but in they came and made my day in the process! 

Below are pictures of Tony the Pony (with his owner Thomas), Pebbles and Teddy Bear.



Cute, cute, cute!

I am determined to get odd socks on my bunnies Roy and Beryl. 
Watch this space, it WILL happen!


Children in Need

We started the week wearing odd socks and finished wearing non uniform and a variety of Pudsey ears!









Didn't everyone look fabulous? I do have another couple of pictures that I couldn't for the life of me transfer from my camera so I will share them with you next week. I will also let you know how much we raised.

 
5CWT's Assembly

To continue with the theme of Anti Bullying Week and Children in Need, 5CWT organised and shared a super assembly about kindness. It was incredibly well rehearsed and was very professional in its delivery.




Well done 5CWT!


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to this week's Worth a Mention children. You are all incredible!

Let's start with Year Five:






Now the turn of Year Six:




The word 'proud' doesn't even cover it!


Uniform

As mentioned in last week's Blog, we have noticed that a few of our children are not always wearing the correct uniform.

 As a result, the Year Leads will be checking uniform next week. 

Forewarned is forearmed, right?


Equipment

Just a quick reminder that the children need to have the correct equipment with them in school. Although we are more than happy to help the children out, the school only has a finite supply of stationery.


Trading Cards

With the increase of Covid cases sweeping the area, we have asked that the children no longer trade or swap their Pokémon/Match Attax (or any other type of card that can be traded) during the school day. 

 

We are happy for them to look at the cards but no more than that.

The children have been impressively empathetic about the situation which is terrific.


Recycle. recycle, recycle!

Whilst out and about this week, I spied these boxes in all of the classrooms.


What a great idea! I really like this idea and am delighted that the Eco Club are starting with such a doable project.
Don't forget to fill those boxes!


Well, that's it for this week. I hope you have a terrific week and I will look forward to seeing you back here next week.

Mrs Ray

(who met up with her school friends at the weekend. Their friendship has spanned over a period of 34 years yet when they see each other, the years simply roll away!)

Comments