The word is out!

Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

Blimey! That was a very busy week wasn't it? So many highlights this week but I think the 'Drop Down' morning was right at the top of the list. More of that later.

I thought this week's banner page should be something that I saws on the back of my friend's t-shirt on Sunday. How is true is this?


Anyway, enough of the Ray Ramblings, let's crack on with the Blog...

The Aztecs are here!

I love these fabulous pictures taken by Mr Greetham. In Year Six, we are learning about The Aztecs in our Humanities lessons. We currently have on loan some impressive artefacts that the children are really enjoying.



The work that has been generated by these artefacts is impressive to say the least.

Drop Down Morning

On Thursday, we went off timetable for Lessons 1 and 2 to enable the children to do some collaborative writing based on the theme of Diversity. This is a DASP competition and all the schools in the pyramid have the opportunity to enter.

Miss Ashley kindly took a few pictures of the morning so you can see how fabulous the children were. The collaboration and team work was impressive.









We have had some super successes over the year so good luck to everyone who enters.


...and another thing...

Mrs James sent me these fabulous pictures from the work that she did with her classes on World Book Day.





Blackout Poetry is fascinating isn't it?

Well done 6JH and 5CWT on producing such impressive work.


Red Nose Day

 

It's that time of the year again! 
Friday's Red Nose Day is hurtling towards us and we will be participating and fundraising for this super charity.

On the day, for the bargain price of £1, we are asking the children to school dressed as a superhero. This can be a well-known and established superhero, one that has been created by you or someone in your community who you view as a superhero.

I can't wait to see your outfits!

Dorset Mind


The Non uniform Day raised an amazing £470.

The Parkrun sponsorship came in at a whopping £1648!

In total, we have raised an incredible £2118 and that is before the Gift Aid has even been added!

You are an AMAZING group of Human Beings - thank you so much!


Excuse me, can I help you?


I was sent this brilliant picture by Mr Palmer. This chap decided to investigate the playground was was spotted by Mr Palmer's Games class.

Clearly, the word has got out. Even ferrets want to come to DMS!

Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to this week's Worth a Mention children. You are all complete and utter superstars!

Here are the Year Five superstars:





Here are the Year Six superstars:





Wellbeing - you know it makes sense!

I don't know about you but sometimes my wellbeing is right at the bottom of the list. I am so busy making sure that everyone else's wellbeing is being looked after that I forget to look after mine.

This weekend, I tried to right that wrong. On Saturday, me and my family went to The Lighthouse to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra celebrate the 90th Birthday of the world famous composter John Williams.


On Sunday, I walked from Shell Bay to Agglestone Rock via Studland Beach. 



It was a beautiful morning and the forecasted rain didn't materialise which was quite a relief I can tell you. With a few miles under my belt and excellent company, the world seemed a much happier place!


The Day the Storm Came

Taken from Ms Pluck's letter this week:

Pupils’ have continued to submit their ‘storm work’ this week. I have been so proud of their efforts that I would like you to have the opportunity to see the excellent work. Therefore, I would like to invite all parents, carers and grandparents to ‘The Day the Storm Came’ exhibition on Saturday 2nd of April between 10am and 12noon. Pupils will view the work and vote for the best pieces on Friday 1st April. I hope many of you will be able to attend.


So, that's it for this week. I hope you all have a fantastic week and I will look forward to seeing you back here next week to see, among other things, which superheroes flew into school.




Mrs Ray 

Comments