Long time no see!

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

I cannot begin to apologise for the lack of posts on the Blog over the last few weeks but we're back and ready to rock!

So much has happened in the last few weeks so it will be impossible to cover all the fabulous-ness of our school so this week's Blog is a bit of a mishmash. Call it a 'Pick and Mix' of events if you will.

With any further delay - let's crack on...


Spring has sprung

Miss Easton and Mrs Whiting sent these beautiful photographs to me whilst I was in my Covid self isolation. 

Not having been outside for a few days and feely wretched for missing out on such beautifully sunny days, they cheered me up enormously. 

It also made me miss school even more - I love it when everything starts to spring into life.







Superheroes

I was all ready and raring to go with my Super Hero outfit on Comic Relief Day but the two red lines on a piece of plastic put a stop to that one.

A huge thank you to Miss Ashley for taking these fabulous pictures of the variety of Super Heroes in our school.











Well done Team DMS - you are amazing!


Worth a Mention Children

With the number of staff who have been absent, out Worth a Mention boards have been a bit hit and miss of late! 

Here are the pictures of the boards that were able to be completed.






This week in Year Five...





A HUGE well done to all of the children whose names were on the boards - you are complete and utter super stars.
We'll get back on track, I promise!

Resilience

I just love this board. 
It belongs to 5MA and isn't it brilliant?


Resilience applies to each and every one of us doesn't it? It's lovely to see that the work we did on the first week of Children's Mental Health Week continues to be on our agenda.


It's snowing!

In English this week, 6PC had a go at analysing poetry. 
I know, it's impressive isn't it?
In order to be able to successfully do this, the children needed to revise a variety of techniques that are used in poetry.


I handed out a variety of techniques, explanations (of those techniques) and examples. The children then had to screw them up in a ball and throw them in the air, just like it was snowing!



After that, the children had to pick up one 'snowball' and find the other two parts of the poetry technique.




Did we have fun? Oh, yes!
Did we learn a lot? Oh, yes!
Did it help with our poetry analysis? Oh, yes!
Job done!


Fabulous Art

Whenever we approach the end of a term, it is the opportunity for the teachers to clear the decks and for the children to take home the fruits of their labour. 


The Year Five children were very proud to show me the beautiful pictures they had produced in Art. 
This one is by Oliver in 5MW - isn't it fabulous?



Well, that's it for this week but fingers crossed I'll have an up to date Blog post for you next week. 

Don't forget that we break up on Thursday next week as the teachers have a Training Day on the Friday.

Stay safe and well everyone and I look forward to seeing you next week!

Mrs Ray

(who went for her first post Covid run today. I think it was my first run for weeks! Oh my word, that was hard work but I am so pleased I did it. We all have to start somewhere don't we?)






Comments