Short and sweet!

Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

How are you all? 

Did you have a good week? 

Now, I know that I say it every week but seriously, our collective feet didn't touch even the ground.

 However, every cloud has an impressive step count lining so I mustn't grumble!

As things are so hectic, this week's Blog is a bit shorter than usual (I can hear the sighs of relief transporting their way from Dorchester as I type!) but don't you worry, it will come back bigger and better next week. You have been warned.

Right, stop whittering Mrs Ray and get blogging!


Sports Day

Everyone is very excited about Wednesday's Sports Day! It's the first Sports Day since 2019 so it's going to be super special!

Mr Roberts has been working incredibly hard behind the scenes to get everything organised. He did a lovely assembly with the Year Fives to prepare them for the day.




It was a very informative assembly and it definitely got our Year Fives fired up ready for the day.

There will be so much going on. 

If you are coming, the fabulous PTFA will be serving drinks all day. 

There will be a staff relay race at the end of the day and guess who will be running for Year Five? I'm preparing myself for many things but nerves and potential humiliation are at the top of my list! I will do my best but Year Five prepare yourself for a crushing defeat!


Summer Concert

You may well have seen these posters around the school?

I am so excited that the summer concert is coming back. This is always such a lovely event that I can't wait to attend on 5th July.

Will I see you there?



Fun and Games

As part of the transition process, this week we saw a few of our 'out of catchment' Year Four children visit us. To help ease the nerves and get to know a few faces, we held an orienteering session in the school grounds.



We had two lovely mornings. I hope this helped to settle the nerves and that you spy some familiar faces when you come up for Transfer Day.


Worth a Mention Children

Despite the incredibly busy week, the majority of the Key Stage Two teachers were able to complete their WAM boards.

Let's start with the mighty Year Five this week:





Now for the turn of the equally mighty Year Six:





Out of this world!

After our successful Community Open Morning, I spied some totally gorgeous work courtesy of 5CWT.



According to Mrs Whiting, the children had a fabulous time and you can tell when you look at the fabulous work that they produced.


Summer Fair


Don't forget that next Friday is a Non Uniform Day for our PTFA. In exchange for not wearing uniform, you can either bring in £1 or a prize for the tombola.

Also, we are still on the search for volunteers so please do email the PTFA if you can help:


...and finally


I have walked past this display a few times in the week and I just had to share it with you.

What book has inspired you?




Well, that's it for this week. Not quite as short and sweet as I intended but it goes to show that there are so many fabulous things to share, even when it's not 'obvious'!

Mrs Ray

(can you guess what she is doing this weekend? Answers on a postcard...)



Comments