Epoch

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

A week of a sadness and reflection with moments of joy is the best way to summarise my week. I found this picture of one of our cake entries form the Platinum Jubilee back in the summer and thought it was an ideal banner picture for this week's Blog.

Being typically British, we cracked on with the job in hand which was, of course, learning.

Everyone seems to be settling back into the routines of the school day and I am delighted to confirm that our new recruits have definitely found their feet!


Crealy

I am so pleased that our Year Eight children managed to get to go to Crealy on Wednesday. They had the most fantastic day and, if you have read Ms Pluck's weekly letter, they were a real credit to our school.

Can anyone see the 'deliberate' mistake in the wording? I am such an English teacher!



It looks as though it wasn't just the children who had a fabulous time!

It was great to see the children and adults on their return to school - everyone was smiling and buzzing from such a terrific day.

The next school trip is for our Year Five children on 11th October when we will be going to New Barn Field Centre. More details to follow.


Worth a Mention Children

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was with the Year Five team when I came into school on Friday morning. There before me was a completed Worth a Mention all ready and raring to be photographed!

I was also very impressed with the reasons why the chosen children were on the boards.

Let's start with Year Five this week:





Now for the Year Six superstars...




Well done one and all!


A DMS Lion ROARS

Look out for this acronym - you're going to see a lot more of it soon...



Well, that's it for this week. I hope you have all had a good weekend along and that the Bank Holiday enabled you and your family to do what worked for you.

Have a good week and I will look forward to seeing you back here next week.

Mrs Ray

(who, in the spirit of The Five Ways to Wellbeing, managed to connect, be active, take notice, learn something this week. You may well recognise some of the people in the pictures?)


Comments