Are you ready?

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

Another week in the bag and the children continue to be a constant source of inspiration to us all. As you will see, our children continue to impress us on a daily basis. I have had so much fun this week in and out of lessons and I have a sneaky feeling that I'm not the only teacher who experienced this!

Let's see what has been going on in DMS this week...


What an inspiration!

 In Year Six, our Theology and Ethics lessons, we continue to look at Inspirational People. Martin Luther King Junior was looked at by 6JH this week and we had a go at writing our versions of the iconic 'I had a dream' speech.

They were brilliant!



I had a working lunch with Annabella and April on Wednesday. Their homework is write about an inspirational person of their choice and they chose me (blush). They did not hold back when it came to questioning me - they were excellent questions so I hope that I answered them well enough for them.


I'll keep you posted!


DMS in Print

As I said in my introduction, our children continue to inspire us at every turn and this group of  incredibly talented children are no exception. These boys and girls are the winners of the DASP Writing Competition and are now officially published authors.





Congratulations to you all! 
I can't wait to read a copy.


Worth a Mention Children

Massive congratulations to all of the children who are on this week's Worth a Mention Boards. When I went to take the pictures, I couldn't resist taking this one of Mrs Emery!

Let's start with Year Six:





Now for Year Five:





Well done to each and every one of you!


Children's Mental Health Week


Are you ready? 

The time has finally arrived! 
Children's Mental Health Week starts tomorrow and we ready and raring to go.
Monday's Drop Down Day is going to be a fabulous opportunity for all of our children to remember what The Five Ways to Wellbeing are to have the chance to complete a variety of activities that relate to them.

We are very excited to welcome Dorset Mind back into school who are going to work with all of the children throughout the day. We are so lucky to have secured their visit to school. They are a fabulous charity and the more we can support them in turn the better.

Our Non Uniform Day on Friday is themed 'Express Yourself' and we want everyone to wear clothes that they feel represents them whilst keeping in mind that we are at school! I have my outfit planned although I keep changing my mind every two minutes! Please remember your £1 that will go to Dorset Mind.


Hands up who is coming to The Great Fields Parkrun on Saturday?

Please re-read the letter that I sent you on the 28th January as there is some very important information included that you need to have before the big day.

You must remember to register and get your barcode. As someone who does Parkrun on a fairly regular basis, participants who don't have a barcode causes a massive headache for the volunteers who process the results so the message is 'Don't forget your barcode!'.

I have been busy adhering to the Five Ways of Wellbeing this weekend as the pictures below show.


I CONNECTED with my family on a day trip to London to see a show which was a Christmas present we GAVE to Elsie. I TOOK NOTICE of all the exciting things in London and I LEARNT so much from the musical we watched and what I read on the train on the way there and back. I got ACTIVE - we walked miles in London as well as running a very windy and rainy 10km around Studland with my friend Hannah on Sunday.

What have YOU done over the last few days?


Well, that's it for this week. 
I will report back on how Children's Mental Health Week went in the next Blog - fingers crossed that it all goes well. 
I will also see a few of you at next week's Parents' Evenings!

Mrs Ray

(who, when watching Newsround this week, realised that she hasn't included a picture of her bunnies Roy and Beryl on the Blog for a while! You're welcome.) 








Comments