Victorious!

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

Many, many apologies for screeching in with the Blog so late in the weekend but my goodness me, what a week and weekend it has been! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and were able to dodge some cracking showers? 

Now, I am pretty sure that many of you tuned into the football on Saturday night? I didn't watch the match as I was on my weekly Family Zoom call but every time England scored, one of my little London nephews ran into my sister who was in their kitchen and shoved his face right into the screen to update us. He was VERY excited (as was the entire nation!) not only about the football score but by the fact that he could see himself on screen. I can't begin to think where he gets it from?!

As many of you know, I am not a huge football fan but I loved the way that it made everyone so happy and united. 

Long may it continue.

Right, lots to share so I'll crack on with it...


Welcome to DMS!

It was a so incredibly lovely to welcome the Year Four children from our Feeder First Schools on Thursday. Although we didn't have long, the children found out who they were transferring with from their own first school but, more importantly, who their Homebase Tutor is going to be in September. 

It was fantastic to see them in the school grounds. Ms Pluck was particularly excited to meet the children and made sure that she greeted everyone when they arrived.



The Homebase Tutors don't usually get the opportunity to spend time with the Year Fours in just their First School groups, usually it's a mass start so it was really special to see them have their new Homebase Tutor all to themselves. I stood in for Ms Woodley and I have to say, I was most jealous as I loved hanging out with her future class.


We also welcomed Miss Ashley to DMS. She is going to be teaching in Year Five next year and she is very excited. What is particularly lovely about Miss Ashley is that she used to come to DMS when she was a child and yes, before you ask, I do remember her!


It was also fabulous to welcome our totally lovely First School colleagues to school. It was so emotional to see how pleased our Key Stage Two children were to see them. It felt like that we had celebrities visiting our school. Mind you, to be fair, they are pretty famous aren't they?




All the Year Four children should now know whose class they are going to be in as an email was sent on 'Transfer Day'. If you did not receive this email then please let the office know as soon as possible so can let you know.

What a terrific day!


It's all Welsh to me...

So, I just popped into 5CWT during a Homebase time to get something and it looked as though I walked straight into a languages lesson! Miss Stanley was teaching her class how to speak Welsh!


The word 'impressed' doesn't cover it!


How does your garden grow!

Whilst I was showing the Year Fours around on Thursday, we spotted these delicious looking strawberries in the school garden. They look fabulous don't they? I had to hold back those Year Fours I can tell you!




Suits you!

Look at Mrs Whiting's new sparkly desk? It's huge! As I also teach in that classroom, it's so much better as we can use the visualisers more proficiently.


Do you think she looks pleased?



Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to the children who found themselves on this week's Worth a Mention Boards. The teachers put a lot of thought into who they choose so if you make it onto the board, you really are a superstar!

Let's start with the Year Six Stars:





Now for the Year Five Stars:






A HUGE well done to each and every one of you!

Did you know...?

This week was Rabbit Awareness Week. Who knew? Thank you to Mrs James for letting me know. To commemorate such an important and significant week, here is a picture of me with Roy.


I'll work on those Bunny Selfies...


Well, that's it for this week. 

I hope you all have a fantastic sun-filled week and I will look forward to seeing you back here next time.

Mrs Ray

(who went for a rather overdue run with the lovely Mrs Whiting on Friday evening where they bumped into rather a lot of you which meant that they had to keep running so that you though they were super fit!)



Comments