Sorry for the delay!

 Hello and welcome to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

Well, this is a few days later than I was anticipating but I hope that you are all well and fully recovered from that rather hectic week?  Storm Arwen was definitely NOT my friend as I spent a rather frustrating weekend trying to log on to our school system but with absolutely no success whatsoever. 

I love technology, I really do but when it goes wrong, it's concerning to see what an impact it has!

So, in complete contrast, I thought I would kick off this edition of the Blog with my rather late entries to the Pets and Odd Socks competition.



We didn't have any fun doing this whatsoever. 
Honest!


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to all the children whose names are on this week's Worth a Mention Boards. I am so proud of each and everyone of you.

Let's start with Year Six this week:




Now for the turn of Year Five:





Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!


Children in Need Total


Thank you so much for all of your generous donations to this year's Children in Need Appeal. £481.73 is rather impressive - well done Team DMS!



Foodbank update

A massive 'Thank You' to everyone who donated items for the local Food Bank. Mrs Gowers has been overwhelmed with your generosity. You have certainly been keeping our Year Eights busy at breaktimes and lunchtimes as they have been sorting and boxing up your fantastic donations.


Safe, Ready and Respect

Last Monday, Ms Pluck delivered an assembly to the children about our three new whole school rules: Safe, Ready and Respect. The children have had some fabulous ideas about how this can look in our school. 
I'll keep you updated.


Christmas Jumper Day

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without our annual Christmas Jumper Day in aid of Save the Children. This year, it will be held on Friday 10th December. You will need to donate £1 in exchange for wearing your Christmas jumper for the day. All proceeds go to this fantastic charity.

Please don't worry if you don't have a Christmas Jumper, you can always decorate either your school jumper or a jumper from home.

Now, where did I put my jumper?


The Great Mouse Plot

I have been really impressed with the quality of writing that is being produced in Year Five. At the moment, we are re-writing a chapter from Roald Dahl's autobiography Boy but from a different character's point of view.


I can't wait to read the final versions!


Well, that's it for a few days. I will, hopefully, be back here at the end of the week with all the latest news from our wonderful school.

Have a good week and stay safe!

Mrs Ray

(who is keeping her fingers crossed that there won't be any storms in the near future!)






Comments