'Tis the season to be jolly...

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

So, the word on the corridors this week has been 'This week has really dragged but it's gone really quickly!' 

I really do understand what everyone was saying! I must admit, I got home on Friday night, flopped on the sofa and declared to my family what a year that week was! However, we did it! We made it through relatively unscathed!

Although our feet have barely touched the ground this week, Christmas seems to arrived! Our Reception area is looking very festive with a rather magnificent tree that is now in situ for the rest of the term.


I also spied that Christmas is creeping into a few classrooms. I love the Advent Calendar that I spotted in 5MA this week.


Please don't forget that it is Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 10th December. Details went out on Ms Pluck's weekly letter and it has been mentioned in the Pupil Daily News. 

All proceeds go to Save the Children.


DT-tastic

Look at this! 

Isabel in 5MW made the most fabulous door sign. It looks really professional doesn't it?


I wonder if she is taking orders for Christmas?

Asking for a friend...


Worth a Mention Children

As always, huge congratulations to the children whose names are on this week's Worth a Mention Boards. 

A big gold star to the Year Six Teachers who had their WAMs written up first!

Let's start with Year Six this week:



6JH have had a particularly busy week haven't they? I teach them Geography and the work that they are producing as a class is rather super!

Now the turn of Year Five:





What a fabulous week - well done everyone!
We are so proud of you!


Odd Socks

I have loved looking at the pictures of pets in odd socks - I hope you liked the pictures of my bunnies from last week who are still traumatised by the whole experience?!

I spied these odd socks on the door of Mr Haigh's classroom and just loved them. My picture doesn't do them justice but they look great in real life.


Wearing odd socks now has a completely different meaning for me now!


Assembly Time!

Well done to Miss Ashley and her class on a lovely Year Five assembly on Friday. All our assemblies are being held virtually at the moment so it was lovely to go into different classes and see the children watching it live on the screen.


I think all the teachers in the school qualify as television presenters now!



Well, that's it for this week. I am going to come into school tomorrow and be ready and raring for the next set of challenges that will inevitably come my way - I think it's the same for all of us isn't it?

Have a good week everyone!

Mrs Ray

(who ventured up to Dorchester to take part in Parkrun again with a couple of friends, this time to run with Harriet in 6JH. Little did they know that she was super speedy and had to work jolly hard to keep up with her! Well done to Harriet and her entire family who ran on Saturday - you are amazing!)





Comments