Coming out of our shells

 Hello and welcome back to the Dorchester Middle School Blog!

I hope that you are all well and that your Bank Holiday Monday worked for your family. I spent the majority of the day glued to the television, watching history being made before my very eyes. Trying to get the significance of this event across to my resident fourteen year old was a bit of a challenge to say the least. She stuck it out for the London service but once Her Majesty was Windsor bound, enough was enough.

Tuesday definitely felt like Monday, if that makes sense? It didn't feel like a four day week but maybe that was just me?

We cracked on with the learning. The picture below is my friend Sandy. He has been helping Year Five learn about main clauses. Sandy has his main claws in front and his subordinate claws are around the back. Some of you might need to explain this to those who are not 'in the know'.


Anyway, enough of the Ray Ramblings and on with the Blog...


Crealy

As previously reported, our Year Eights (as well as the adults who accompanied them) had a fabulous time in Crealy a couple of weeks ago. Miss Clements sent these belting pictures that I simply had to put on the Blog!














It looks like far too much fun!
I am so pleased that you all had such a great time. It probably feels a bit like a distant memory now doesn't it?


Meet and Greet

It was lovely to see so many of you at our Meet and Greet evening on Wednesday. 

I hope that you found it an informative evening and enjoyed the opportunity to meet the Senior Leadership Team as well as your child's Homebase Tutor.








I must say a huge 'thank you' to Mr Murray for delivering my part of the presentation. Although I was in attendance, my voice had completely and utterly gone - the best I could manage was a squeak! 

Needless to say, my voice came back on Thursday, much to the disappointment of the children!


New Barn Field Centre

On Friday after school, Mrs Whiting and I whizzed off to Bradford Peverell to visit the place where are taking Year Five on the 11th October.

I can't begin to tell you what a beautiful place it is - you name it, Russell (the owner) has got it!











Hopefully, you have received the letter with the information for the day as well as how to pay. The price of the trip is £20 per child. 

I can't wait to take the children there next month. Fingers crossed for lovely weather but if it does rain then there is a Plan B! 
Phew!


Worth a Mention Children

Huge congratulations to the children who found themselves on this week's Worth a Mention Boards.

Let's start with Year Six this week:




Now the turn of Year Five:





A massive 'well done' to each and everyone of you.
I am incredibly proud of you.


Parkwalk


This month, the fabulous people at Parkrun are encouraging as many people as possible to come and walk their Parkrun courses. In Dorchester, we are incredibly lucky to have two Parkrun events: the main Parkrun on Saturday and the Junior Parkrun on the Sunday. Both events are held at The Great Field.

In February, many members of our school community took part in a Parkrun as part of Children's Mental Health Week and raised money for Dorset Mind in the process.

We would like to hold another event on _________ October at Junior Parkrun. We won't be raising money for charity this time, we will be doing it for our own wellbeing.

So, who is going to join us?


PTFA Meeting


If you would like to join the fantastic DMS PTFA, we will be holding our first meeting of the academic year on Wednesday 5th October at 5.30pm at The Duchess of Cornwall.

We look forward to seeing you there!


Well, that's it for another week. I hope you have a good week and I will look forward to seeing you back here for the next, jam-packed instalment.

Mrs Ray

(who, as part of her wellbeing this weekend did a lot of being active, connecting, taking notice, learning and a bit of giving. The evidence for this is below!)





Comments